CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Baby Is ONE!!

Okay, so it has been almost a week since she turned one, but I have had a lot going on since then. Starting off, the day of her birthday we were on our way to meet Nick's mom for lunch when the hospital called. They were so busy the opened up our "back-up wing" and needed me to come in and work. I agreed to come in for a few hours after lunch. As we were getting on the interstate heading back to Athens, I looked over and a truck was stopped on the side of the road and a man was on the ground. There were several people standing there, but no one was helping him so we stopped. The man was completely unresponsive, no pulse, no respirations, and no one knew CPR. He had an extensive cardiac history and apparently had another heart attack.So, I jumped in and did CPR till the Rescue Squad came. It was the most nerve racking, adrenaline rushing minutes of my life! Gabby was crying so I left as soon as they got him on the board and started bagging him. I never caught his name. I got a call from work yesterday. My boss said the family came up to the hospital looking for me to thank me. Apparently, the man's father was with him in the vehicle and recognized me from the hospital. He said many people slowed down and looked but I was the only one who stopped. As of yesterday, the man was still alive. On top of that, I had Gabby's birthday party to get ready for. It was a circus theme. I spent all last week getting last minute details done and making her cake.



I had the cupcakes done at Suzanne's. They looked great! Gabby had a blast!

She dug right into that cake!




shared some with Daddy, gave Mommy cake kisses




and almost slipped into a diabetic coma after all that sugar!

Uncle Bubba(my nephew, he thought he was going to be Gabby's uncle when she was born and Gabby calls him Bubba so we just call him Uncle Bubba) dressed up as a clown.

Gabby decided she would be a clown too! The kids played carnival games after pizza and cupcakes. I think everyone had a great time.
After an eventful Saturday, Sunday I found out my baby sister is getting married! On May 22 of this year!! I think they have decided on a beach wedding. (Yea!) It will be a quick, hectic few months. Please pray that they will have a long, happy marriage, filled with love and joy and centered around God. While you're at it.... pray mine will be that way too! :) We also got a few minutes of playing in the snow after church Sunday.

Gabby didn't know what to think of the snow!
I spent the rest of the day preparing for my speech at school and taking care of a sick baby. She and I both have been sick off an on this week. I think we finally got rid of it yesterday! Well, today is Nick's mom's birthday so we are meeting her for lunch. Maybe this lunch trip will be CPR -FREE!!

1 comment:

lvining said...

WOW...you have been BUSY!!!!!!!! Very Powerful story with the guy on the side of the road! You were there for a reason!